Bertram Communications, LLC Service Terms and Conditions Agreement
This Service Terms and Conditions Agreement (“Service Agreement”), consisting of these terms and conditions, the Confirmation of Sale (“COS”) and all other documents referenced herein, is entered into as of the date set forth on the COS (“Installation Date”) by and between each of Bertram Communications, LLC d/b/a Bertram Internet, XL Broadband, and Door County Broadband (collectively referred to as “Bertram”) and the individual or entity named on the COS to which this Service Agreement is attached (“Customer”), and sets forth the terms and conditions under which Bertram will make available the services listed in the COS (the “Service”). This Service Agreement governs both home and commercial Customers. “Affiliate” means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with Bertram. For questions regarding our refund policy please call us at 920-351-1023 or email us at in**@go*******.com
1. GENERAL OVERVIEW This Service Agreement governs the following components in Bertram’s Service, and Customer may customize Customer’s residential or commercial Service based on Customer’s needs: * Internet Access Service – Internet broadband service, as described on the Bertram website, including but not limited to Bertram Residential Internet and Bertram Commercial Internet; * Email; and * Web Site Hosting.
2. EQUIPMENT AND REQUIREMENTS FOR PROVISION OF THE SERVICE (a) Customer Equipment: To use the Service, Customer must have a personal computer or other device and other equipment meeting Bertram’s most recent “Minimum Customer Equipment Specifications,” established by Bertram and which may be modified from time to time by Bertram. The Minimum Customer Equipment Specifications may change, and Bertram may make reasonable efforts to support previously acceptable configurations; however, Bertram is not obligated to continue to provide such support. Although Bertram is under no obligation to do so, Bertram may, and Customer authorizes Bertram to, perform any updates and/or changes to Customer’s equipment, on-site or remotely, from time to time as Bertram deems necessary, in Bertram’s sole discretion. Customer will direct any questions concerning third-party hardware or software to the manufacturer. Bertram has no responsibility for the operation or support, maintenance or repair of any equipment, software or services that Customer elects to use in connection with the Services. As set forth below, Customer is not permitted to connect any harmful equipment to the Bertram Equipment (as defined below). Customer understands that failure to comply with this restriction may cause damage to Bertram’s network and subject Customer to liability for damages and/or other liability. Customer agrees to not alter, modify or tamper with the Bertram Equipment or the Service, or to permit, encourage or solicit any other person to do the same, unless such person has been authorized to do so by Bertram. (b) Bertram Equipment: Customer acknowledges that on the Installation Date, the “Bertram Equipment” was installed. Customer further acknowledges that the Bertram Equipment may, in Bertram’s sole discretion, be refurbished or otherwise used equipment. Customer agrees that the Bertram Equipment was installed at a location and in a manner authorized by Customer. The Bertram Equipment is and shall remain the property of Bertram, and Customer will be subject to a “One-Time Equipment Rental Fee” under the terms set forth in the COS. At such time as Customer or Bertram terminate the Service, Customer will return the Bertram Equipment to a Bertram office, or schedule a pick-up by Bertram for a fee, on or before the termination date, and in accordance with Bertram’s then-current return procedures. In the event that Customer has not returned the Bertram Equipment on or before the termination date, the Service will remain active and Customer will continue to be charged the Monthly Fees, as defined below, until it the Bertram Equipment is returned. In the event that the Bertram Equipment is damaged or otherwise inoperable, Customer will pay the fair market value of each piece of equipment (to be determined by Bertram) not covered under Customer’s elected Equipment Assurance Plan as defined below. (c) Access to Customer’s Premises: Customer hereby grants Bertram and its Affiliates, and their respective employees, contractors and agents the right to enter Customer’s property and premises at any time for the purpose of operating or maintaining the Bertram Equipment or Bertram’s network, retrieving Bertram Equipment or fulfilling its obligations or exercising its rights under this Service Agreement. Bertram shall provide Customer with reasonable advance notice of any such planned access, except when, in the reasonable opinion of Bertram, an emergency or other exigent circumstance exists that would require Bertram to immediately enter Customer’s property and premises. (d) Customer’s Obligation to Maintain Power to Bertram Equipment: Customer understands and agrees that: (i) Customer must provide electrical power and a continuous connection to the power grid to Bertram Equipment at all times (including, without limitation, when Customer is not using the Service), and (ii) Customer’s failure to provide such power and continuous connection may result in damage to the Bertram Equipment or to Customer’s computer, equipment, property or premises, for which damage Customer will be solely responsible. (e) Replacement and Upgrade of Bertram Equipment: (i) Customer is required to elect an “Equipment Assurance Plan” on the Installation Date. All Equipment Assurance Plans involve a monthly fee and deductible for antenna replacement. Depending upon the Equipment Assurance Plan elected, labor costs may or may not be covered. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer will be solely liable for, and Bertram shall have no obligation to repair, replace or otherwise upgrade, any Bertram Equipment that has been, in Bertram’s sole discretion, damaged or otherwise requires repair, replacement or upgrade as a result of damage or disruption caused by misuse or neglect or otherwise caused by Customer, including, without limitation, damage or disruption caused by Customer’s failure to comply with Section 2(d) herein or by Customer’s failure to comply with the last sentence of Section 2(a) herein. (ii) Customer understands and agrees that Bertram’s ability to provide an appropriate quality of Service to Customer and the other customers on Bertram’s network may from time to time require upgrades or replacement of the Bertram Equipment, and Customer will be obligated to pay the then-applicable “Equipment Upgrade Fee” as established by Bertram from time to time, at such time as Bertram determines, in its sole discretion, that the Bertram Equipment needs to be upgraded or replaced. (f) Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that prior to Bertram servicing any Customer equipment or Bertram Equipment under contract with Customer, it is Customer’s responsibility to (i) back-up the data, software, information or other files stored on Customer’s computer or other device including but not limited to disk drives, peripherals, MP3 player, DVD player, camcorder, digital camera and/or on any other electronic storage device; and (ii) remove all videotapes, compact disks, floppy disks, laser disks, cassettes, USB Drives, DVDs, film or other media from Customer’s equipment. Customer agrees that whether or not Customer requests back-up services from Bertram and/or its Operational Service Provider, neither Bertram nor its Operational Service Provider shall be liable under any circumstances for any loss, disclosure, alteration or corruption of any data, software, information, files, videotapes, compact disks, floppy disks, laser disks, cassettes, USB Drives, DVDs, film or other media. (g) Customer understands that the Service may not be compatible with, nor does it support, VoIP applications and Customer assumes all risk associated with the same. Bertram does not recommend Customer rely on wireless Internet or VoIP for emergency contacts (such as 911 calls) and Bertram cannot guarantee, and hereby expressly renounces, the reliability of such wireless Internet services.
Customer shall not use, or allow others to use, the Service to disrupt the Bertram Network or computer equipment owned by Bertram or other Bertram customers. This includes, but is not limited to, improperly interfering with, inhibiting, degrading, or restricting the use and operation of the Service by others, sending or receiving excessive data transfers (as determined in Bertram’s reasonable discretion) for the package or tier of service to which Customer subscribes or modifying or altering in any manner any Bertram provided equipment so as to allow its use beyond the parameters outlined by the specific level of Service to which Customer subscribed. Any static or dynamic IP address must be specifically authorized and provisioned by Bertram. Altering any IP address provisioned by Bertram or otherwise cloning another user’s IP address is prohibited. Customer also agrees that Customer shall not use, or allow others to use, the Service to disrupt other Internet Service Providers (“ISP’s”) or services, including, but not limited to, e-mail bombing or the use of mass mailing programs. In addition, Customer shall not, or allow others to, alter, modify, service, or tamper with Service or any equipment supplied by Bertram or permit any other person to do the same who is not authorized by Bertram.
Customer shall not resell or redistribute, or allow others to resell or redistribute, access to any Service in any manner, including, but not limited to, wireless technology. Customer shall not install additional network equipment with the intention of sharing connection across property lines as determined as determined by the Bertram using its Geographic Information System (“GIS”). Bertram reserves the right to disconnect or reclassify any Service to a higher grade or to immediately suspend or terminate any Service for failure to comply with any portion or this provision of this Policy, without prior notice. Bertram may provide e-mail addresses associated with the Service, and reserves the right to reclaim any such provided e-mail address at any time and for any reason. Any violation of this Policy may lead to prosecution under the state and/or federal law.
3. CUSTOMER’S REPRESENTATIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND WARRANTIES (a) If Customer is an individual, Customer represents and warrants that he or she is at least 18 years of age and has legal authority to execute this Service Agreement. If Customer is a commercial entity, the individual executing this Service Agreement represents and warrants he or she has legal authority to execute this Service Agreement on behalf of Customer. (b) Customer agrees that the Service is personal to Customer and agrees not to assign, transfer, resell or sublicense Customer’s rights under this Service Agreement unless specifically permitted by the terms of this Service Agreement. For home Customers, Customer agrees that the Service and the Bertram Equipment shall be used only by Customer and by members of Customer’s immediate household living with Customer at the same address, and Customer will not redistribute or share the Service with any others or transmit the Service over a wireless or other network that is not secured. For commercial Customers, Customer agrees that the Service and the Bertram Equipment shall be used only by Customer and by authorized members of Customer’s business located at the same address, and Customer will not redistribute or share the Service with any others or transmit the Service over a wireless or other network that is not secured. Customer acknowledges that Customer is executing this Service Agreement on behalf of all persons who use the Service by means of the Bertram Equipment. Customer agrees that Customer is solely responsible and liable for any and all breaches of the terms and conditions of this Service Agreement and any other documents incorporated by reference in this Service Agreement, whether such breach results from Customer’s use of the Service or by another using Customer’s equipment or the Bertram Equipment. (c) Customer represents and warrants that Customer will not use the Service in a manner that (i) infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights, rights of publicity or privacy, or other rights of any third party; (ii) violates any local, state or federal statute, ordinance or regulation; (iii) is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or otherwise objectionable; (iv) impersonates any person or entity, including without limitation any employee or representative of Bertram or its Affiliates; or (v) transmits any virus, trojan horse, worm, time bomb, or other harmful computer code, file, or program.
Customer agrees not to use, or allow others to use, the Service to send or receive, or otherwise use any information which infringes the patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets or proprietary rights of any other person or entity. This includes, but is not limited to, digitization of music, movies, photographs or other copyrighted materials or software. Customer must obtain appropriate authorization from such other person or entity prior to sending, receiving or using such materials. Customer represents and warrants that Customer is the copyright owner and/or authorized licensee with respect to any hosted content and Customer further represents and warrants that no hosted content violates the trademark, copyright, domain name or intellectual property rights of any third party. Bertram assumes no responsibility, and Customer assumes all risks regarding the determination of whether material is in the public domain, or may otherwise be used for such purposes. Customer may not advertise, transmit, or otherwise make available any software product, product, or service that is designed to violate the restrictions pertaining to infringement set forth herein or other restrictions in this Policy, which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mailbombing, denial of service attacks, and piracy of software.
Bertram respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is Bertram’s policy, at its discretion and when appropriate, to remove or cause Customer to remove advertisements or other content of third parties, where such advertisements and/or content may infringe the copyrights of others. It is also Bertram’s policy, at its discretion and when appropriate, to suspend or terminate Customer’s Service if Bertram receives notice that Customer is using the Service to infringe the copyrights of third parties and/or is otherwise in violation of the Policy.
Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), copyright owners have the right to submit a copyright infringement notification, in writing and with the required information, to Bertram if they believe that an Bertram customer has infringed the copyright owner’s work(s). If Bertram receives a copyright infringement notification from a copyright owner or an authorized agent of the copyright owner alleging any Customer has committed copyright infringement, Bertram shall notify the Customer of the alleged infringement. If Customer fails to remove the infringing content or does not stop the infringing use/action within ten (10) days of said notice, Bertram shall suspend or terminate the Service. If the copyright infringement notification alleges illegal downloading or other infringing use by Customer in violation of the copyright laws, Bertram shall suspend or terminate the Service and send Customer notice of the same. Bertram may determine that Customer is a repeat copyright infringer if Bertram learns that Customer has engaged in online copyright infringement on more than one occasion. Bertram shall suspend or terminate the Service of any Customer that is a repeat copyright infringer. Bertram shall not be liable to Customer, and Customer shall not be entitled to any refund, for any removal, removal request and/or suspension or termination of Customer’s Service resulting from an infringement notification.
5. PASSWORDS (a) Home accounts are for individual use only. Commercial accounts are for authorized personnel only. (b) Home Customers shall not share passwords or accounts with others. Commercial Customers shall only provide passwords to authorized personnel. (c) Bertram shall provide or obtain passwords to protect Customer’s account and Services. In the event that the security of a Customer’s account or Service is compromised, Bertram shall provide Customer with a new password. (d) Bertram may monitor the security of Customer’s passwords at any time. A Customer with an insecure password may be directed to change the password to one which complies with the above rules. Customers who repeatedly choose insecure passwords may be assigned a password by Bertram; continued failure to maintain password security may be grounds for account termination.
Customer shall not use, or allow others to use, the Service to access the accounts of others or to attempt to penetrate security measures of the Service or other computer systems (“Hacking”) or to cause a disruption of the Service to other online users. This includes, but is not limited to, achieving or attempting to achieve, or assisting others in achieving or attempting to achieve, any unauthorized access to any computer, cable or telecommunications system, network, software, data, information, or any other proprietary material. Customer shall not use, or allow others to use, tools designed for compromising network security, such as password-guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools. In addition, Customer shall not participate in, or allow others to participate in, the collection of e-mail addresses, screen names, or other identifies of others (without their prior consent), a practice known as spidering or harvesting, or participate in the use of software (including “adware” or “spyware”) designed to facilitate this activity.
7. ACCEPTABLE USAGE AND PROHIBITED INTERNET SERVICE ACTIVITIES (a) “Acceptable Usage of Internet Service” is hereby defined as the normal activities associated with the use of the Internet, including but not limited to usage of Bertram’s systems and network facilities for accessing the World Wide Web, Internet Relay Chat, USENET Newsgroups, Email, and other Internet features. Depending on the account type, this may include file storage on Bertram’s servers for Customer’s own personal web page and file access area (FTP), etc. (b) “Prohibited Internet Service Activities” specifically prohibited by Bertram include but are not limited to the following: (i) Background and/or server-type applications – Including but not limited to IRC bots, HTTP servers, MUDs, and any other process which were initiated by the Customer that continues execution on the system upon Customer logout. (ii) Long-term storage of data – Long-term storage of data is referred to as the storage of files which are not used regularly in an account for an extended period of time. This specifically includes, but is not limited to, programs such as shareware programs which the Customer may download to their account for purposes of transferring to their home computer(s)/device(s). Such programs should be removed at such time as they are successfully transferred to the Customer’s personal system. (iii) Flooding or abuse of other users – Flooding is a fairly common occurrence on the Internet, and one which is dealt with strictly by Bertram. Flooding takes place in numerous ways, including, but not limited to, ICMP flooding, mail bombing (sending large amounts of email repeatedly to a person for purposes of harassment), phishing, mass mailings to multiple addresses via bulk email, MSG/CTCP flooding on IRC, as well as other, less common methods. “Bulk Email” is defined as the same or similar email messages sent to more than 25 recipients. (iv) Attempts to compromise system and/or network security – Programs such as packet sniffers, password crack programs, and similar utilities found to be running from Customer’s account are prohibited. This also includes attempts to hack into non-Bertram systems. (v) Sharing of accounts – Sharing Customer’s Internet Service with another party for purposes of avoiding payment for a second Service is strictly prohibited. Customer may connect multiple computers/devices within a single location to Customer’s modem, router, and/or radio to access the Internet Service, but only through a single Bertram-issued IP address. (vi) PPP/SLIP emulation software – Since PPP/SLIP is a product offered by Bertram, Customers desiring such access are required to sign up for that service rather than attempting to emulate it by software. Any such software will be removed from Customer’s account by Bertram immediately when found. (vii) Bulk broadcast data – This includes flood pinging, broadcast pinging, multicast, or IGMP use outside of the private network. (viii) Port scanning (ix) Conducting business through a personal home account – The home single-Customer Internet accounts provided by Bertram are designed for the home/casual Customer and may not provide the level of service, capacity or speed required for conducting business. Therefore, conducting business with a home account is not advisable. Please contact Bertram’s sales department to upgrade to a commercial account. (x) Excessive use of system resources – This includes, but is not limited to, the continued use of programs or commands which take a large amount of system resources, be that processor time, memory, network bandwidth, and/or drive space on the host system. Customer may not resell Service. (xi) Email abuse – Email abuse typically comes in one of three forms, the transfer of a message to unsolicited individuals, the sending of harassing and/or threatening messages to other users, and the forging of email addresses so as to make the email appear to be from another user. (xii) USENET news abuse – Similar to email abuse, includes forging of addresses, harassment/threats, the posting of the same message to multiple newsgroups (spamming), as well as the posting of information in groups where it is not relevant and unwanted. (xiii) Pyramid/money-making schemes – Such activities as the transfer of information or solicitation of persons via the Internet in an attempt to extort money or other valuables or the use of pyramid/chain letters are all prohibited. (xiv) Pirated software – Pirated software is defined as the illegal exchange of software for purpose of avoiding the purchase of said software by the individuals involved. This includes most commercial applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, etc. Such activities are prohibited by Federal law and are thus not allowed in any form on Bertram. Such prohibition also includes the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material including, but not limited to digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources and copyrighted software. The exportation of software or technical information in violation of U.S. export control laws is strictly prohibited. (xv) High-traffic websites – Home internet service is intended to provide access to individuals only. As most individuals s primarily download content, rather than upload it, the performance for everybody on the systems is optimal. However, some individuals occasionally choose to host content on their account, that could degrade performance for other users. Due to this, Bertram has had to implement certain limitations on the amount of web hosting traffic an individual customer’s account can receive. Typically an account can safely upload 250 MB per day without causing excessive load. Sites generating more than this amount must be moved to Bertram’s Web Hosting service, where Bertram is better able to address extra traffic. Bertram’s Web Hosting packages and the amount of Internet traffic each package supports are outlined on the Web Hosting portion of Bertram’s website.
Customer shall not, or allow others to, participate in chat rooms, bulletin boards, discussion groups or other interactive sections of the Internet (“Chat Rooms”) that Customer or a person using Customer’s Service has been banned from using. Customer shall not, nor allow others to, violate the acceptable use policy of the server or Chat Room In addition, Customer shall not, or allow others to: floor or scroll such Chat Rooms (sending messages or material in quick succession with the intent to disrupt use of such Chat Rooms by others); use automated programs such as “bots” or “clones” to participate in Chat Rooms unless Customer is physically present at Customer’s computer; manipulate any Chat Room server to harass or disconnect other Internet users or to gain privileges that Customer is not entitled to; send Chat Room messages to recipients who have indicated their desire not to receive such messages; or forge, alter, or hide Customer’s identity.
8. PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT (a) All Prohibited Internet Service Activities as defined in Section 7 herein are subject to immediate termination of Customer’s account and any and all criminal and civil penalties available under the law. The penalties imposed on Customer for such violations will vary based on the level of the offense. Typically Customer will receive a warning on the first offense. However, if the offense is severe enough, Bertram reserves the right to disable the account immediately. Accounts which have been disabled for abuse will not be re-opened. It is vital for Bertram to provide a quality service for all Customers, and Bertram will not tolerate Customers who through their actions hinder Bertram in that endeavor. It is also important for Bertram to have a non-intrusive presence to the rest of the Internet, and thus prohibit activities that adversely affect Customers on other service providers and their associated networks. To this end, Bertram reserves the right to modify and/or disable Service at any such time the Customer violates this Service Agreement. (b) Bertram will not reimburse Customer when Service has been suspended or disabled due to violations of this Service Agreement. (c) If Service is disconnected for non-payment, Bertram is not obligated to reconnect Customer’s Service. However, if Customer desires reconnection, and Bertram agrees to do so, Customer agrees to pay a “Reconnection Fee” plus any amount past due under Customer’s COS. The amount of the Reconnection Fee is set forth on the Customer’s COS.
9. SOFTWARE LICENSES AND THIRD PARTY SERVICES (a) Bertram may provide Customer software for use in connection with the Service which is owned by Bertram or its third party licensors, third party suppliers, and Operational Service Providers (“Software”). Such Software will be subject to an additional fee. Bertram reserves the right periodically to update, upgrade, or change the Software remotely or otherwise and to make related changes to the settings and software on Customer’s computer(s)/device(s) or Equipment, and Customer agrees to permit such changes and access to Customer’s computer(s)/device(s) and Equipment. Customer may use the Software only in connection with the Service and for no other purpose. (b) Certain Software may be accompanied by an end user license agreement (“EULA”) from Bertram or a third party. Bertram’s use of the Software is governed by the terms of that EULA and by this Service Agreement, where applicable. Customer may not install or use any Software that is accompanied by or includes a EULA unless Customer first agrees to the terms of the EULA. (c) For Software not accompanied by a EULA, Customer is hereby granted a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license by Bertram or its applicable third party licensor(s) or Operational Service Provider to use the Software (and any corrections, updates and upgrades thereto). Customer may not make any copies of the Software. Customer agrees that the Software is confidential information of Bertram or its third party licensors/Operational Service Providers and that Customer will not disclose or use the Software except as expressly permitted herein. The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets, patents, and proprietary information owned by Bertram or its third party licensors/Operational Service Providers. Customer may not de-compile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to discover any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of the Software, otherwise reduce the Software to a human readable form, modify, rent, lease, loan, use for timesharing or service bureau purposes, reproduce, sublicense or distribute copies of the Software, or otherwise transfer the Software to any third party. Customer may not remove or alter any trademark, trade name, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols, or labels appearing on or in copies of the Software. Customer is not granted any title or rights of ownership in the Software. Customer acknowledges that this license is not a sale of intellectual property and that Bertram or its third party licensors/Operational Service Providers continue to own all right, title and interest, including but not limited to all copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, and moral rights, to the Software and related documentation, as well as any corrections, updates and upgrades to it. The Software may be used in the United States only, and any export of the Software is strictly prohibited.
10. CUSTOMER’S PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS Failure to fulfill any payment obligations in a timely manner as provided herein will be considered to be a violation of this Service Agreement and Customer’s COS. (a) Deposit: Prior to the Installation Date, Customer may be required to pay an “Initial Deposit.” On the Installation Date, Customer is required to pay the “Installation Fee” and “First Month Payment.” The First Month Payment amount may be prorated depending upon where the Installation Date falls in the month; any credit will be applied to Customer’s final payment. Together, any Initial Deposit, Installation Fee, First Month Payment, and One-Time Equipment Rental Fee constitute the “Total Deposit.” Customer agrees that the Total Deposit is to be paid in consideration of Bertram’s making the Service available on the terms and conditions set forth in this Service Agreement, that Bertram has earned the Total Deposit in full and that the Total Deposit minus the Installation Fee is refundable only if the Service is not working within thirty (30) days of the Installation Date. (b) Customer agrees to pay the applicable “Monthly Service Fee” and “Monthly Equipment Assurance Fee” set forth in the COS, together with any and all other applicable fees charged by Bertram, including a 5.5% Broadband Recovery Fee (collectively the “Monthly Fees”), in advance, prior to the month billed, on or before the eleventh (11th) day of each calendar month. Customer’s “Monthly Billing Cycle” begins on the first day of each month. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Bertram may modify Customer’s Monthly Billing Cycle upon at least 15 calendar days’ advance notice to Customer. (c) Customer may, on ten (10) calendar days’ advance notice to Bertram, select a different Equipment Assurance Plan or Internet Access Service plan, within the limitations of the installed Bertram Equipment, effective on the first day of Customer’s next Monthly Billing Cycle, in which case this Service Agreement and the COS shall be deemed to be amended. (d) Customer bears the sole responsibility to timely pay Monthly Fees when due. Bills will be sent via email to the Customer’s Account Email Address. It is Customer’s sole responsibility to have a valid Account Email Address on file with Bertram. On-line billing is available if set up in advance with Customer and Bertram. Customers may pay their bill with cash, check, credit card or debit card (Master Card, Discover or Visa), or ACH (Automated Clearing House; direct withdrawal from checking or savings account) only. Bertram may require a deposit or other guaranteed form of payment (such as payment card or bank account debit authorization) from Customer. If Customer owes money on any account, Bertram may deduct the amounts owed from any existing credit Customer has or any security deposit provided or, if applicable, charge them to the bank or payment card account Customer has authorized Bertram to use. (e) For each Monthly Billing Cycle with respect to which Customer does not pay on time (including without limitation if Customer’s Monthly Fees are not received by Bertram on or before the first day of the Monthly Billing Cycle), Customer agrees to pay the “Reconnection Fee” set forth in the COS. There is also a “Returned Check Fee” established on the COS for the administrative costs related to returned checks. (f) Bertram shall not be obligated to provide the Service during Monthly Billing Cycles for which Customer has not paid the applicable Monthly Fees in advance. If at any time Customer’s account has past due amounts or upon Customer’s violation of this Service Agreement (including any documents incorporated by reference herein), Bertram may, in Bertram’s sole and absolute discretion, suspend provision of the Service to Customer and/or terminate this Service Agreement. Amounts are past due if not paid before the first calendar day of Customer’s Monthly Billing Cycle. Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that Bertram is not required to provide notice before suspending the Service and/or terminating this Service Agreement, and Bertram will not be liable to Customer or any Authorized User for any such suspension or termination or any damages that may result therefrom. In order to restore service after a disconnection, Customer agrees to pay the applicable Reconnection Fee set forth in the COS. (g) At the expiration of the “Service Term,” unless Customer signs a new COS, the terms of this Service Agreement and the COS will automatically renew for an additional one (1) year term. Bertram shall provide written notice to Customer of such automatic renewal at least thirty (30) days but no more than sixty (60) days prior to the scheduled effective date of the automatic renewal, and such automatic renewal notice shall be sent by Bertram via email to the Customer’s Account Email Address. In order for Customer to terminate the contract, Customer shall follow the termination procedures described in Section 16. (h) Customer agrees to pay the Monthly Service Fee,” set forth in the COS, which may change from time to time subject to advance notice by Bertram. (i) All accounts sixty (60) days or more past due will be turned over to collections and Service discontinued permanently. (j) Customer also agrees to pay all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and fees, including, but not limited to, those imposed after the date of execution of the COS.
11. SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT AND REFUNDS (a) Service Level Agreement: In the event Customer experiences a Service outage for more than two (2) consecutive hours and is unable to transmit and receive information through Bertram’s network to other portions of the Internet and Customer notifies Bertram immediately of such event and Bertram determines that such inability was caused by Bertram’s failure to provide said services for reasons within Bertram’s reasonable control and not as a result of any actions or inactions of Customer or any third parties (including failure of third party equipment), and such inability is not a result of scheduled maintenance of Bertram’s equipment or services, Bertram will, upon Customer’s request, credit Customer’s account the connectivity charges for the length of the outage according to Bertram’s current outage policy (b) Refunds: If Service cannot be supplied by Bertram for any reason, a refund of the Total Deposit minus the Installation Fee will be given for any prepaid service fees and equipment returned in new resalable condition. Service may be cancelled without penalty within 30 days of service installation for quality of service issues. The Total Deposit minus the Installation Fee will be given for equipment returned in new resalable condition and for any remaining portion of prepaid monthly service charges pro-rated daily. All other payments are non-refundable.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES (a) CUSTOMER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT CUSTOMER USES THE SERVICE AND THE Bertram EQUIPMENT AT CUSTOMER’S SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND Bertram EQUIPMENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND EXCEPT TO THE LIMITED EXTENT SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN SECTION 2 HEREIN, IF APPLICABLE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR MERCHANTABILITY. NEITHER Bertram NOR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OPERATIONAL SERVICE PROVIDERS, THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS OR SOFTWARE LICENSORS WARRANTS: (i) TO UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY OR SECURE USE OF SERVICE; (ii) THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S REQUIREMENTS; (iii) THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR FREE OF ANY VIRUSES, WORMS, SPAM, POP-UP ADVERTISING, SPYWARE, ADWARE OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, EVEN IF COUNTERMEASURES HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED; OR (iv) THAT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, NON PERSONAL INFORMATION, DATA OR FILES CUSTOMER SENDS OR RECEIVES VIA THE SERVICE WILL BE TRANSMITTED IN UNCORRUPTED FORM, WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME, OR FREE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS BY OTHERS OR THAT OTHER USERS WILL BE UNABLE TO GAIN ACCESS TO CUSTOMER’S COMPUTER OR DEVICE. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, INCIDENTS OF FILE SHARING, PRINT SHARING OR USE OF OTHER MEANS THAT ENABLE INTERNET USERS TO GAIN ACCESS TO CUSTOMER’S COMPUTER, DEVICE, OR NETWORK OR Bertram EQUIPMENT, OR TO MONITOR CUSTOMER’S ACTIVITY AND CONDUCT WHILE USING THE SERVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY CUSTOMER FROM Bertram SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE SCOPE OF A LIMITATION OF WARRANTY OR HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CUSTOMER. (b) In addition, Bertram may, in its sole discretion, make available to Customer security software, such as anti-virus software, firewall software, “pop-up” advertising blocking software, parental control software, anti-spyware or anti-adware software for Customer’s use on Customer’s computer system(s) in conjunction with the Service. Any such security software provided by Bertram to Customer is intended to provide only a minimal level of protection to Customer’s computer system(s). CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS, ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT Bertram AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS OF ANY SUCH SECURITY SOFTWARE, DO NOT GUARANTEE ITS ACCURACY, EFFICACY OR PERFORMANCE. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT Bertram AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO CUSTOMER’S COMPUTER SYSTEM(S) (OR THE INFORMATION STORED THEREIN) THAT MAY RESULT FROM USE OF THE SECURITY SOFTWARE OR FROM ITS NON-PERFORMANCE. (c) EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THE COS, CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT NEITHER Bertram NOR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OPERATIONAL SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS GUARANTEE THAT ANY PARTICULAR AMOUNT OF BANDWIDTH ON Bertram’S NETWORK OR THAT ANY SPEED OR THROUGHPUT OF CUSTOMER’S CONNECTION TO Bertram’S NETWORK WILL BE AVAILABLE TO CUSTOMER. Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that the availability and speed of the Service provided at Customer’s premises may vary depending upon a number of factors, including Customer’s computer system(s), associated equipment and other devices accessing the Service, the terrain and location of Customer’s premises, foliage between Bertram Equipment and other components of Bertram ’s network, Internet traffic, and other factors such as system capacity limitations, governmental actions, events beyond Bertram’s control and system failures, modifications, upgrades and repairs. (d) Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that Bertram is NOT responsible for: (i) obstructions that might be erected or grow between Customer’s antenna and Bertram’s network antenna causing a degradation or loss of service; equipment upgrades necessary over time to address changes in foliage or other reasons; debris or ice on antenna; re-aiming the antenna; reconfiguration of network settings due to, but not limited to, tampering or re-installation of operating systems; physical or electronic damage to Customer’s or third party’s person or equipment, including but not limited to damage caused by lightning or by the equipment itself; (ii) damage caused by hackers or viruses; or loss of data, whether such data resides on Bertram servers or not. (e) Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that Bertram may in the future offer other Customers on Bertram’s network Service with specific minimum service standards (including, without limitation, minimum standards for speed, bandwidth, latency or availability) (such minimum service standards that may be offered in the future, “Future Enhanced Service”). Customer further understands, acknowledges and agrees that Bertram shall be under no obligation to provide any Future Enhanced Service to Customer unless and until Bertram and Customer have executed a new agreement with respect to such Future Enhanced Service, which agreement may include, without limitation, such increased or modified Monthly Fees and additional terms and conditions as Bertram and Customer may agree. (f) Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that Bertram may use various tools and techniques in order to efficiently and reasonabphonely manage its networks and to ensure compliance with Bertram’s Disclosure Statement and Section 7 above (such tools and techniques, “Network Management Tools”). These may include detecting malicious traffic patterns and preventing the distribution of viruses or other malicious code or managing network resources through techniques such as limiting the number of simultaneous peer-to-peer sessions that Customer may conduct and such other Network Management Tools as Bertram may from time to time determine appropriate in a manner consistent with the Disclosure Statement. In the case of significantly high bandwidth usage causing congestion (regardless of the usage type or format), Bertram may temporarily reduce the available bandwidth to those customers identified as using such high amount of bandwidth as necessary to reduce bandwidth congestion. This may cause high bandwidth users to temporarily experience slower Service speeds, but specific network traffic is not targeted for restriction during these times. Bertram’s network management practices will change and evolve, along with the uses of the Internet and the challenges and threats on the Internet. (g) Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that, to allocate bandwidth across all of its Customers, Bertram may employ traffic-management technology, including but not limited to packet-reset technology, which technology may materially slow the uploading of certain files. (h) Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that, in order to provide redundancy or increased efficiency or otherwise to enhance Bertram’s network, Bertram may install additional equipment at Customer’s premises, which shall be deemed to be Bertram Equipment for the purposes of this Service Agreement. Customer further understands, acknowledges and agrees that Bertram may use the Bertram Equipment to provide Service to others in a manner that secures and separates Customer’s traffic and local area network from Service provided to others. (i) Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that Bertram does not warrant that Service descriptions, information, graphic depictions, fees, product and or other components of the Service are accurate, reliable, updated, current, complete or error-free. Despite Bertram’s efforts, it is possible that a price for the Service (or a component of the Service) offered on Bertram’s website, or the Service description may be inaccurate in some part. In the event Bertram determines that a Service contains an inaccurate price or description, Bertram reserves the right to take any action Bertram deems reasonable and necessary, in Bertram’s sole discretion, to rectify the error, including without limitation, canceling Customer’s order, unless prohibited by law. Bertram may make improvements or changes to any of Bertram’s information, or Services described on Bertram’s websites at any time without notice. Customer agrees to notify Bertram immediately if Customer becomes aware of any pricing or descriptive errors or inconsistencies with any Services Customer orders and to comply with any corrective action that Bertram may take. (j) THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT GIVES CUSTOMER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND CUSTOMER MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY (a) STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS: CUSTOMER MUST BRING ANY CLAIM OR LAWSUIT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR THE CLAIM OR SUIT ARISES. (b) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL Bertram OR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OPERATIONAL SERVICE PROVIDERS, THIRD PARTY LICENSORS OR THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS, OR EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, OR AGENTS, AND ANY OF THEIR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS HEREIN MAY NOT APPLY TO CUSTOMER. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF Bertram UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00 US). (c) ADDITIONALLY, Bertram WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR THE FOLLOWING: (i) FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00 US); (ii) FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY FEES OR CHARGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BANKING FEES, OVERDRAFT FEES, MOBILE PHONE OR OTHER WIRE LINE CHARGES, TECHNICIAN CHARGES, OR OTHER SIMILAR CHARGES; (iii) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER; (iv) FOR DATA LOSS OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; (v) FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS DUE TO CUSTOMER’S FAILURE TO BACK UP ANY EQUIPMENT AS REQUIRED IN SECTION 2(f) HEREIN; (vi) ANY LACK OR BREACH OF SECURITY CUSTOMER OR ANY OTHER PARTY MAY EXPERIENCE OR BE EXPOSED TO WHILE USING THE SERVICE; (vii) FOR ANY MATTER BEYOND Bertram’S REASONABLE CONTROL; (viii) FOR ANY INTERFERENCE OR INCOMPATIBILITY WITH OR DISRUPTION OF ANY NON-VOICE SYSTEMS, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE TELEPHONY SERVICE, INTERNET SERVICE, EQUIPMENT, OR OTHERWISE; OR (ix) CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE SERVICE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY HIGH-RISK OR UNLAWFUL USES, OR ANY USE THAT VIOLATES THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT. (d) Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that Bertram may block traffic to or from any source, including, without limitation, the deletion of any electronic mail, as it deems necessary to secure its network or eliminate spam. Customer agrees that Bertram shall be entitled to damages if Customer transmits or is otherwise connected with the transmission of spam. Customer agrees that Bertram is entitled to actual damages, however, if actual damages cannot be reasonably calculated, Customer agrees to pay Bertram liquidated damages of five dollars for each piece of spam transmitted from or otherwise connected with Customer’s account. (e) Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that when using the Service to access the Internet or any other online network or service, there are certain risks that may enable other Internet users to gain access to or use of Customer’s computer(s) or other equipment. Customers are responsible for putting in place and should put in place all appropriate security measures when using the Service. Customers are responsible for any misuse of the Service that occurs through Customer’s account, whether by a member of Customer’s household or an authorized or unauthorized third party. (f) This Section 13, Limitation of Liability, will survive termination or expiration of this Service Agreement, whether terminated by the Customer or the Bertram, for any reason.
14. AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE (a) CUSTOMER AND Bertram AGREE TO ARBITRATE ALL DISPUTES AND CLAIMS BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND Bertram THAT THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO RESOLVE THROUGH GOOD FAITH DISCUSSION. The agreement between Customer and Bertram to arbitrate all disputes and claims between them is intended to be broadly interpreted. It includes, but is not limited to: claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between Customer and Bertram, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory, claims that arose before this or any prior agreement (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising), claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which Customer is not a member of a certified class and claims that may arise after the termination of this Service Agreement. For the purposes of this Section 14, references to Customer include Customer’s subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all Authorized Users or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of the Service. CUSTOMER AGREES THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT, CUSTOMER AND Bertram ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION WITH RESPECT TO THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT. This Service Agreement evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of this Service Agreement. (b) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written notice (“Arbitration Notice”). An Arbitration Notice to Bertram must be addressed to Bertram at the address set forth in this Service Agreement for notices. An Arbitration Notice to Customer must be addressed to Customer at Customer’s then-current billing address. The Arbitration Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought. If Customer and Bertram do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within sixty (60) calendar days after the Arbitration Notice is received, Customer or Bertram may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Bertram or Customer shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which Customer or Bertram is entitled. (c) The arbitration shall be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”), as modified by this Service Agreement, and shall be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879 or written request to the Bertram. The arbitrator shall be bound by the terms of this Service Agreement. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope and enforceability of the arbitration provision are reserved to the decision of a court of competent jurisdiction. Unless Customer and Bertram agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings shall take place in Weber County, Utah. The right to a hearing shall be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based. The party initiating arbitration proceedings shall bear all the arbitration-related costs and expenses of both parties including, without limitation, legal fees and expenses. (d) The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. CUSTOMER AND Bertram AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both Customer and Bertram agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. (e) Notwithstanding any provision in this Service Agreement to the contrary, Customer and Bertram agree that if Bertram makes any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to the address to which an Arbitration Notice is to be sent), Customer may reject any such change by sending Bertram written notice within thirty (30) days of the change. By rejecting any future change, Customer agrees that Customer will arbitrate any dispute between Customer and Bertram in accordance with the language of this provision.
15. INDEMNIFICATION Customer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Bertram, its Affiliates, Operational Service Providers, agents, third party licensors and suppliers and their respective members, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and contractors, and each of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Bertram Indemnitees”) from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and other claims brought against any Bertram Indemnitee(s) related to Customer’s use of the Service or any violation of this Service Agreement and all other documents incorporated herein by reference) including, but not limited to, claims that Customer’s use of the Service infringed on the patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any third party, Customer’s violation of any law or the rights of another and claims resulting from Customer’s negligence. Customer agrees to pay any attorneys’ fees incurred by Bertram and/or any other Bertram Indemnitee in connection with the defense of any such third-party claims. Bertram reserves the right to assume the defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by Customer, in which event Customer will cooperate with Bertram in asserting any available defenses.
16. TERMINATION OF THE SERVICE (a) IF CUSTOMER CANCELS THE SERVICE OR ANY ASPECT THEREOF FOR ANY REASON, Bertram SHALL NOT BE REQUIRED TO REFUND CUSTOMER ANY PORTION OF THE MONTHLY FEES PAID BY CUSTOMER FOR THE MONTH IN WHICH CANCELLATION OCCURS, UNLESS REQUIRED OTHERWISE BY STATE LAW. (b) Customer may terminate the Service no less than thirty (30) days prior to the end of the Service Term. Termination notices must be sent by Customer via email, fax, or U.S. mail to Bertram’s current address as set forth in Section 17(h) of this Service Agreement. Bertram may take reasonable steps to verify Customer’s identity and authority before effecting such termination. Upon termination, Customer agrees to pay any account balance and to return any Bertram Equipment on or before the termination date. Any “Early Termination Fee” is set forth in the COS. (c) The Service and all Service features are subject to availability on an ongoing basis. Customer understands that Bertram may cease to offer the Service or any Service feature at any time, for any reason or no reason, and without notice to Customer. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Bertram may suspend, disconnect or terminate the Service immediately or at any time without prior notice if Bertram believes in its sole discretion that Customer have (i) failed to pay Customer’s bill when due, (ii) threatened or harassed any Bertram employee, agent or contractor or (iii) violated any other provision of this Service Agreement. (d) If the Service to Customer is disconnected for any reason or Service is suspended in accordance with this Service Agreement, Bertram may charge Customer (i) for Service during the period of disconnection or suspension in accordance with applicable federal and state law, and (ii) reasonable disconnection and reconnection fees. (e) In the event that Customer’s account is suspended, disconnected or terminated, no refund, including of fees paid by Customer to Bertram, shall be granted. Moreover, Bertram shall not be responsible for the return of data stored on Bertram’s servers, including web and email servers. Customer agrees that Bertram has no obligation to visit Customer’s home upon termination to reconfigure Customer’s computer(s) or for any other reason. (f) Sections 3 through 7, and 10 through 17 herein shall survive any termination or expiration of this Service Agreement.
17. GENERAL PROVISIONS (a) This Service Agreement, the COS and all other documents incorporated herein by reference constitutes the entire agreement with respect to the Service. This Service Agreement supersedes and nullifies all prior understandings, promises and undertakings made orally or in writing by or on behalf of the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Service Agreement. (b) The Parties agree that any Affiliates, Operational Service Providers, agents, third party suppliers and licensors of Bertram are intended beneficiaries of this Service Agreement. Except as set forth in the previous sentence, this Service Agreement is not intended to give and does not give any rights or remedies to any person other than Customer and Bertram. (c) No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of the Service Agreement and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect. (d) Bertram shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Bertram’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including “line-noise” interference). (e) This Service Agreement and all matters arising out of or related to this Service Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Subject to the agreement between Customer and Bertram with respect to arbitration of any disputes, Customer agrees that the federal and state courts of Utah alone shall have jurisdiction over all disputes arising under this Service Agreement and Customer consents to the personal jurisdiction of those courts. (f) Bertram’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Service Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term, covenant, condition or provision of this Service Agreement shall, to any extent, be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder of this Service Agreement shall not be affected and each remaining term, covenant, condition and provision shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law or construed as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties. (g) Bertram may change, amend, alter, or modify this Service Agreement at any time. Bertram may notify Customer of any change either by posting that change on Bertram’s website (www.Bertramwireless.com), and by sending Customer an email or by U.S. mail. If Customer continues to use the Service after such notice has been made, Customer agrees that such continued use shall be deemed to be Customer’s acceptance of those changes. The current version of this Service Agreement, as the same may be modified by Bertram from time to time, shall supersede any prior version of this Service Agreement that may have been provided to Customer at any time. (h) Except as specifically set forth in this Service Agreement, any notices under this Agreement shall be effective as follows: If to Customer: notice shall be made by (i) email to Customer’s Account Email Address; (ii) by first-class mail to Customer at Customer’s billing address then on file with Bertram; or (iii) when posted to the Announcements page of Bertram’s website. If by email, such notice shall be deemed effective when transmitted by Bertram. If by first-class mail, such notice shall be deemed effective upon the earlier of (a) three business days after dispatch or (b) at such time as actually received by Customer. (If to Bertram: notice shall be made exclusively by first-class mail to Bertram Communications at 300 Industrial Drive, Random Lake, Wisconsin, 53075, or such other address as Bertram may from time to time publish to Customer, and such notice shall be deemed effective upon receipt. (i) Customer may not assign this Service Agreement, or Customer’s rights or obligations under this Service Agreement, without Bertram’s prior written consent, and any purported assignment by Customer without such consent shall be void. Bertram may transfer or assign any portion or all of this Service Agreement at any time without notice to Customer, and Customer waives any notice that may be required by law Customer and Bertram have executed this Service Agreement by their signatures (or, in the case of Bertram, the signature of Bertram’s authorized person) on the COS.
Bertram Communications, LLC Service Terms and Conditions (Version Date: March 2023)
© Copyright 2023, Bertram Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved